Pages

Wednesday 6 February 2013

Valentine's Day



What’s in a kiss?                     What is love? What is Valentine’s Day all about? 

There is no doubt there is a commercial side to Valentine’s day, flowers, chocolates, a card, a small gift and the question what will I get him? What will I get her?  Well I am a pure romantic and I am married to the most un romantic guy in Ireland, I would say, or am I? because I asked myself the question is he romantic? and I automatically say no because, he does not buy me flowers,  he forgets our anniversary, etc. I once got a card on valentine’s day that said happy birthday, he pretended he saw that and said he liked the verse but I know what happened, it had a heart on it, it said love and wife and that’s all that mattered. 

Romance is not just about buying gifts, it is thinking about the other person, it is the time when he knows you are just so tired,  he makes the dinner and brings it in by the fire to you, it is when he buys your favourite biscuit for your cup of tea, it’s when you are at your lowest and he puts his arms around you and says ‘I’m still here and I will be forever’ so why do we need Valentine’s day?  My opinion about Valentine’s day,  is, so  we can Stop for just one moment and think about the person we love and give them a little bit of attention, we are running and racing through our lives, we are scrimping and saving there is pressure from every side you turn and this is the time to say   we are Still Here, we are together and we still love each other and I am sorry if I forgot to say it but I am saying it today. 

So I thought about putting together gift boxes that would contain a variety  of things so that you can enjoy not only on valentine’s day but for months afterwards, so if you are going to buy a gift, it is a bit of luxury but also something that you would like and can use.  Why did I pick the products in the box? Easy, they are good quality and they are Irish and they are growing Irish companies and because  however small I am now I am still supporting local people and the quality is superb. 

So no matter how big or small your gift will be to your loved one on valentine’s day, just remember what it is all about, it is about giving a little attention to the one you love, it is about showing just how much you care, it does not have to be a big present, it just has to be heartfelt and if you are going to buy a gift then look at www.cardscomplete.ie and if you like what we have buy it.   


Cards Complete is based in Blarney Co. Cork, it is an online business that started in May 2012.  If you don’t want to order your gift box through the internet then phone us and we will put it through for you our number is 087-6630192.  Cards Complete have valentine cards, flowers, gift boxes, handcrafted irish jewellery available on www.cardscomplete.ie We are adding to our range all the time.  We will have ideas for mother’s day and Patrick’s day available soon.  A full list of each box, their contents and pricing are available at our gifts section

No comments:

Post a Comment